What does the Cushing Chamber offer me, my employees, and most importantly, my Business?
Every business has different needs. That's why the Cushing Chamber has a wide and diverse portfolio of tools and services available for you, your staff, and your business. The Cushing Chamber is the catalyst for business growth and success; the convener of connecting people, ideas, and resources; and the champion for our business community. We accomplish these focus points through the sections listed below. With participation from dedicated membership in our focus points, and as an independent, private nonprofit 501(c)6 organization, the Cushing Chamber advocates for and supports the continued economic vitality in the city of Cushing.
It's not just who you know, it's who others know! Networking is POWERFUL. Through a Cushing Chamber Membership, we offer opportunities to:
- Build and strengthen your business network
- Gain an instant list of friends. We are stronger together.
- Learn from Industry Pros while advancing your business
- Get solid referrals for being a Member
Many of our Members find our networking opportunities to be of enormous value in building their businesses and their social networks. The Chamber offers several different programs and events to provide these opportunities for our Members: Coffee & Connections; luncheons; committees; Business After Hours; Women in Business Programs; Leadership Cushing Program; and many more are scheduled throughout the year to give you and your employees the opportunities to network and make long-lasting connections.
Don't want to network? Don't have the time? No Problem! The Chamber staff only refers & uses our Member businesses, so we do the networking for you!
STAND OUT and get noticed as an active member of your community.
- Get solid referrals for being a Member; in 2021, we received over 2,120 calls, just for business referrals
- We drive visibility to our members through our website, social media channels, ribbon cutting celebrations, & 24/7 Front Foyer of our office building that only has our Member information/flyers/magazines/newspapers/brochures/etc.
- Through our sponsorships for events, programming, and Festivals
- We offer a wide variety of Advertising & Marketing digital & print opportunities for your business, reaching the eyes and ears of tens of thousands. Our last Festival in the Park social media posts reached over 50,000 from all over the state of Oklahoma and surrounding States
- We think "outside the box" than typical advertising offerings
- Our Front Foyer at our Office is open 24/7 & only houses our Member information. We get 100's of visitors to our Front Foyer every month.
Click the Member Sponsorship Opportunities Booklet link below to explore the different avenues of increased visibility opportunities for your business that we offer.
Consumers do business with those that they KNOW, LIKE, and TRUST. Your reputation matters! Chamber Membership is highly respected by the community & beyond. Chamber members are recognized as community builders and as credible businesses.
- 59% of consumers think that businesses active in their local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall. It is 29% more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 20% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g. sits on the chamber board; participates on a chamber committee; participates in the chamber's ambassador program; etc.) consumers are 12% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
- When a consumer thinks that a company's products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
- When consumers know that a restaurant, insurance company, or a small business is a member of the local chamber, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of the business and 63% more likely to purchase goods or products from the company in the future. *All data stats are from the 2017 Shapiro Study done by the Shapiro Group out of Atlanta, GA in a nationwide study yielded the following results.
Statistics from the 2017 Shapiro Study done by the Shapiro Group Atlanta, GA. It was done to determine the real values to companies in terms of consumer outcomes of joining and being active in their local chamber of commerce.
- We work together with Community Leadership to bring more new business, talent, and customers to the area
- We help spread the word about our Member events through our Member events calendar and our Member News releases on our website and socials
- Host local shopping campaigns; educational programming; significant yearly Festivals that bring in visitors from all over the U.S.
- local member guide opportunities;
- and much more.
- For Young Professionals, our YP Group is dedicated in taking young employers and employees to higher levels of leadership levels within their businesses and within the community.
- Through our Leadership Cushing Program, we introduce adult professionals to leadership opportunities in our community and beyond.
All helps continuously grow existing Member businesses. The more you and/or your employees are involved with the Chamber, the more potential growth your business will see and experience. Don't have time to get involved? The Chamber works for you & your business will still grow, through the offerings listed above; we bring the business to you, 24/7. You don't have to be involved to see growth in your business from traffic generated by your Chamber; but involvement does help considerably!
DISCOUNTS & SAVINGS
Whether it's through our Chamber to Member affiliate programs; Member to Member (M2M) Discounts posted on the Member Info Hub; or even Member to Consumer hot deals/discounts on our website Hot Deals Page.. Everyone LOVES to SAVE $$! We offer our Members:
- Opportunities through our website and Info Hub Hot Deals page.
- Opportunities to do Member2Member Hot Deals/coupons to offer exclusive discounts to each other in order to promote fellow business owners, drive sales and support a shop local mentality.
- Public Hot Deals/coupons to help drive sales and support a shop local mentality
- Chamber affiliate programs such as 20% - 25% off Constant Contact Program
- Copy of our member list once a year in Excel or on mailing labels for free. This allows your business to reach our Members to promote your business, your offer, or any other information you would like members to know about
- We help promote your business AND help your business save $$.
- Through our referrals and advertising we do on your behalf, we save you time and money.
- We can also create advertising materials for your business, such as brochures, pamphlets, flyers, etc., to help save you even more. Contact the Cushing Chamber office for more information on these enhanced membership opportunities.
As a Member of the Cushing Chamber, our businesses combine to make a unified, strong, and LOUD voice for political and business advocacy.
- We advocate on your businesses' behalf, on your Industry's behalf; as well as on the behalf of employer rights.
- We unite with other surrounding area Chambers and larger Chambers of Commerce, such as the Tulsa Chamber of Commerce and the State Chamber of Oklahoma, to make our voice even stronger and louder for our local business community.
- Our connections and relationships with our City, County, State, and Federal Government officials allows you to also have access to those legislators and city officials.
- Concerning marketing and advertising, Members are given lots of different opportunities to have ad space digitally & in print. This allows your business to have a bigger audience and to be located better by potential consumers.
The main priority and job of the Cushing Chamber is to support our Member businesses. Members support Members, and the network circle grows. Through the Chamber, we give you the tools necessary to support and grow your business.
- We support our Members. If you are having a problem, we probably have a solution. We can connect you to the resources you are needing at the time, or help you step-by-step accomplish your goals. A quick phone call to us; email to our staff; or stop by our office is all it takes to get the wheels spinning.
- Our programming has something for everyone. Check out our Programming & Committees page under the Current Members dropdown to see which ones connect with you and your business needs.
- Business Training Programming and Continuing Education Programming are also offered through the Cushing Chamber. From Leadership Development, Business Development, Industry Roundtables; Mentor/Mentee Programs; business legality informational luncheons, to digital marketing classes, we offer programming about it. We bring in professional speakers that are experts in the field of topic. If we aren't offering it in an upcoming program, we will connect you to the area of expertise to help you and your business.
- Monthly Workshops; Business Advisors; Business Consults; Training on Demand.. Whatever your needs are, just ask. We will locate a resource on your behalf.
- Our Members support Members. By joining the Chamber, you gain a huge, instant support system.
- Through the many networking events we host, you are given many opportunities to grow your network and learn from Industry Pros while advancing your business.
Are you a small business, entrepreneur, Home-Based Business, Civic Organization; Non-Profit Organization; Retired Individual; Professional Individual (Real Estate/Insurance Agent, Doctor, etc.); or anything in between, and are interested in joining the Chamber?
Let's talk about it. Click below to schedule a meeting with Cushing Chamber President & CEO Tracy Caulfield. Ask us questions; Share your story. We're here to listen to what you need, what your are looking for, and help you find the right resources for your business.