Leadership Cushing is a seminar program hosted by the Cushing Chamber of Commerce. The mission of Leadership Cushing is to prepare a representation cross section of the community's emerging leaders for their potential role in shaping the future of the Cushing Area. This mission is achieved by acquainting class members with current community issues, providing a framework for meeting and working with other outstanding community leaders, promoting greater awareness of community resources, and offering avenues to become more civically involved through service projects and other community activities and/or leadership positions.
Cushing Chamber Leadership Cushing 2022 Program
Leadership Cushing has Four specific objectives:
- To Identify potential community leaders
- To expand the leadership potential of participants by increasing their knowledge of Cushing and critical issues that face our community
- to expose participants to current community leaders and improve communications between current and future leaders
- To provide a channel for those not presently in leadership roles, to gain access to potential positions in our community.
- To help those new to the business community connect, network, and develop a base of connections to the community and beyond; those that want to learn about Cushing and get involved with the community.
THE CONCEPT/THE PARTICIPANTS:
The Future of Cushing is dependent upon new leaders in our area. Building a better community doesn't happen by accident. It is fostered and nurtured by networking and connections made through Cushing Chamber programs. Our Leadership Cushing Program is one in particular, that focuses explicitly on making connections and fostering potential future leaders in our community.
Developing a resource of concerned and knowledgeable Adult Professionals who will contribute to enhancing our community development is the focus of LEADERSHIP CUSHING. The experience offers talented individuals the opportunity for personal growth and professional development, while also preparing them for the challenges of tomorrow.
If you are committed and open to serving the entire community, to helping solve local problems and to developing leadership potential, you are encouraged to apply for the LEADERSHIP CUSHING program.
Once accepted and enrolled in the program, participants will be expected to attend each of the sessions so they may benefit from all that the program has to offer.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Participants will be selected from across different areas of the community. In order to select a diversified group, the committee may choose to limit the number of participants from any single occupational background (Industry). The selection committee will look for individuals with the ability to set and achieve goals, availability of time and resources to give to community services, and individuals who have demonstrated some type of personal commitment to the Cushing Community at one time or another.
LEADERSHIP CUSHING will select a maximum of 15 participants from candidates who have applied or have been nominated by their employers, a community organization, or a member of the community. Applications are requested from individuals most apt to use their leadership for long-term benefit to the community.
Participants that are selected will also be representing their affiliated businesses. LEADERSHIP CUSHING not only helps develop future leaders in the community but also offers several networking opportunities with other businesses, developing lasting relationships between multiple Business professionals, political Leaders, community leaders, and so on.
Adult professionals that are selected for the class develop a close relationship as well, and keep those connections and relationships well after the program has ended. Lifelong Friendships and business relationships develop quickly from the connections made between participants.
2022 PROGRAM SCHEDULE:
March 25, 2022 - Friday - LC Orientation & History of Cushing - MANDATORY ATTENDANCE - Meet at Steer Inn Restaurant - 11:30 am - 5 pm
- Class will attend CCoC's monthly Legislative Luncheon from 11:30 am - 1 pm (Please register through Leg. Lunch event on our website)
- Chamber office for orientation & History of Cushing speakers
- Historical Tour of Broadway District & around City of Cushing.
March 31, 2022 - Thursday - Local Non-Profit Organization Day - Meet at Cushing Youth Center - 2 pm - 5 pm
- Meet & get to know local Non-Profit Organizations
- Class will choose One (1) Non-Profit Organization to volunteer for, or class will do a class project for One (1) Non-Profit Organization before LC 2022 Graduation Day.
April 5, 2022 - Tuesday - Public Safety Day - Meet at Cushing Public Safety Center - 1 PM - 5 PM
- Meet at the Cushing Public Safety Center
- Tour Cushing Police Dept. & Cushing Fire Dept.
- Tour Cushing Emergency Management Weather Tower
April 12, 2022 - Tuesday - State Leadership Day - OKC Bombing Memorial & OK Capital - Meet at OKC Bombing Memorial - 9:15 AM - 4 PM
- Meet in Oklahoma City at the OKC Bombing Memorial
- Tour the Memorial Museum & will do Park Ranger Tour
- Eat at restaurant across the street from Museum (BBQ)
- Tour Oklahoma Capitol & meet w/ Cushing's District State Representative John Talley & State Senator Tom Dugger - One of them will introduce class to the Floor during session, which we will sit in on for a while.
April 14, 2022 - Thursday - Local Industries Day - Meet at (Company TBD) - Noon - 5 PM -
- Meet at a local business (Pipeline Company) for lunch; tour
- Tour KUSH Radio
- Tour VMI
- Tour Dunkin Theatre/Godofredo's Pizzeria & Tap Room
April 28, 2022 - Thursday - Education Day - Meet for Lunch (TBD) - Noon - 5 PM
- Meet for lunch at (TBD)
- Tour Cushing Middle School & Cushing High School; View new Cushing Elementary School Specs, etc with Dr. Amon, Superintendent CPS
- Tour Central Tech in Drumright, OK
May 3, 2022 - Tuesday - Local & County Government Day - Meet at (TBD) - 8:30 AM - 5 PM
- Tour Payne County Commissioner Zach Cavett's office & County Barn
- Tour Cushing Public Library; Cushing City Hall; Meet with City of Cushing City Manager Terry Brannon & City commissioners/City Leadership
- Tour Cushing Economic Development Building in Broadway District - Meet with Cushing Economic Developer Bruce Johnson
- Meet at Eskimo Joe's for lunch at 12:30 PM
- Tour Payne County Sheriff's Office & County Jail System
- Tour & Meet w/ Payne County Courthouse Offices & Officials
- Tour Payne County Extension Office
May 17, 2022 - Healthcare Day - Meet at Hillcrest Hospital Cushing - 11:30 AM - 5 PM
- Meet at HHC for lunch
- Meet with President & CEO & Leadership Staff for HHC
- Tour HHC
- Meet w/Stillwater Medical leadership @ Local Facility
- Meet with Graves Community Counseling
May 20, 2022 - Friday - Leadership Cushing 2022 Class Graduation - Meet at Godofredo's Pizzeria & Tap Room - Noon - 1 pm
All session dates, times, and locations are TENTATIVE; any & all are subject to change at ANY TIME.
TUITION FOR PROGRAM:
Tuition includes all meals and admission to locations during class days. Once applicant is accepted to the program, tuition is non-refundable. To pay for tuition, click the REGISTER button on this page. To pay via credit card, please click the REGISTER button AND click to add the credit card processing fee. If wanting to pay via check, please click the "Be Invoiced" button above the credit card entry information on the registration page. TUITION IS DUE BY MARCH 25, 2022.
$350 - Members of Cushing Chamber of Commerce - $50 OFF TUITION IF SIGN UP THROUGH YOUR INFO HUB ACCOUNT BEFORE MARCH 11, 2022!
$450 - Non-Members of Cushing Chamber of Commerce
Representative John Talley Scholarship - Full Member Tuition paid - Please select the option to be submitted for a scholarship on your application
Enbridge Scholarships - Enbridge will sponsor (2) Member tuitions. Please select the option to be submitted for a scholarship on your application
- If there are over three (3) applicants that apply for a scholarship, Enbridge and Rep. Talley will choose who will receive their respective scholarships. For more information, please call Tracy Caulfield at the Cushing Chamber office.
Deadline to turn in applications is Wednesday, March 23, 2022 by 5 PM. Tuition is payable on or before Friday, March 25, 2022 by 5 PM.
Each participant is required to attend at least Seven (7) of the sessions to be eligible to graduate from the program (exceptions are reviewed by the Steering Committee).
LEADERSHIP CUSHING 2022 SPONSORSHIPS:
Sponsorships are due by March 31, 2022 by 5 PM. Please click the Right hand REGISTER button to sign up for sponsorships. These are a great way to support the LC Program as well as connect with the participants in the program; not to mention an amazing marketing opportunity for your business.